HU5K Terms & Conditions
- “Event” means the Hawkesbury Upton 5K or The Great Pumpkin Chase.
- “Race Director” means the chair of the Race Organiser Committee.
- “Participant” means the named person on the Registration Form and the individual participating in the Event.
- “Race Organiser Committee” means the committee established to organise the event which may consist of individuals from the Hawkesbury CEVC School PTA, school staff and the local council who have volunteered to help organise the event.
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out herein.
- “Participant Declaration” means the declaration set out at paragraph 4 herein and signed by all Participants, or in the case of children under the age of 16, by the adult registering them.
- Event Registration
- Registration for the Event is to take place online in advance of participacting in the Event. Registration online will only be open as long as places remain available.
- Only individuals aged 16 years or over on the day of the Event may register. Children of primary school age and over may participate in the event subject to the conditions at paragraph 2.3 below. Children under the age of 16 years may not register themselves as a Participant and must be registered by an adult over the age of 18.
- Participant children who are of primary school age but under the age of 12 on the day of the Event must be accompanied at all times, including on the race course, by an adult Participant. Children aged 12 or over on the day of the Event must be registered by an adult. Adults registering children under the age of 16 will be required to sign the Participant Declaration on behalf of the child Participant.
- If a Participant considers him or herself to have a disability that might impact on his or her ability to participate in the Event the Participant should call the Race Director to discuss entry prior to application. The Race Director and Race Organiser Committee are committed to ensuring that the Event is open to all and reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate, so far as is possible, those with disabilities who wish to participate in the Event.
- Entries are personal to the applicant and entries and non-transferrable. Entry fees are not deferrable.
- Eligibility of the Participant to be included in the prize category chosen will be at the sole discretion of the Race Director.
The Race Director and Race Organiser Committee reserve the right to
request additional information to support entry into a particular prize
- The Event
- The Event is a 5K fitness event to be held in Hawkesbury Upton days to be agreed by the Race Director and Race Organiser Committee. The dates of the Event will be advertised in advance of the Event itself.
- The Race Director and Race Organiser Committee reserve the right in their sole discretion to refuse or cancel applications for any reason, alter the advertised date, time and/or venue and format of the Event (including the course route or distance) without notice to the Participant.
- No refunds will be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the Race Director's/Race Organiser Committee’s control. Refunds will be only provided in other circumstances at the discretion of the Race Director and/or Race Organiser Committee.
- Photographs and/or video footage may be taken during the Event. Such material may be used in a variety of ways including publicity, advertising and school displays. Such material may also be used by sponsor and associated organisations. Images of individuals involved in the Event, including children, may be intentionally or unintentionally recorded. The Race Director and Race Organiser Committee will use all reasonable endeavours to prevent the capture of and use of such images if a Participant expressly refuses permission for their image or images of their children to be captured and used.
- Participants are strongly recommended not to race wearing headphones since they need to be fully aware of their surroundings during the Event.
- Participants must follow signs provided around the course.
- Participants must abide by the Highway Code and ensure they cross roads and paths safely.
- Entrants will only receive one medal per entry.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Director shall be final.
- Event Participation - Participant Declaration
- The Participant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any other rules, instructions and regulations published and displayed from time to time by the Race Director, the Race Organiser Committee or given on the days of the Event by race marshals, officials or police.
- By completing and submitting the application form, the Participant confirms that, to the best of their knowledge, they are healthy and fit to run the course within one hour and voluntarily and freely to choose to assume the risks of participation in the Event.
- The Participant confirms that he/she is physically capable of participating in the Event and that he/she shall be solely responsible for his/her actions at the Event and agrees that the Race Director and Race Organiser Committee are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of participation in the Event (unless directly caused by the negligence of the organisers).
- The Participant accepts that, should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will not participate in the Event.
- The Participant expressly and irrevocably renounces the right to any recourse or claims against the event organisers (including the Race Director and Race Organiser Committee) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss (including death) or damage of any kind suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents, caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in the Event.
- The Participant undertakes to indemnify the event organisers, Race Director and Race Organiser Committee, and any associated person for any costs (including legal costs) which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of claims made in respect of the Event.
- The Participant agrees to indemnify the event organisers (Race Director and Race Organiser Committee) for any claim, liability or loss resulting from a breach of the Participant’s declaration and/or the Participant’s negligent acts, omissions or misconduct.
- Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the event organisers (Race Director and Race Organiser Committee) for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or for any matter which it would be unlawful to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
- The Race Director and Race Organiser Committee's liability to the Participant shall, in any event, be limited to the refund of the entry fee.
- The Participant is required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number prior to participating in the Event.
Race Director & Race Organiser Committee.